14-05-201914-05-2019 16:23:45 IST
2019-05-14T10:53:45.177Z14-05-2019 2019-05-14T10:53:42.737Z - - 24-05-2019
A teenager was killed when a fire broke out in an apartment in suburban Dadar in Mumbai on Sunday. The victim Shravani Chavan (16), was sleeping inside a room in the apartment. She was unable to come out safely when the fire engulfed the premises. The reason is her parents had locked her room from outside so that she can study.
Locking her in the room and asking her to study, the parents went to a wedding. According to police, they did that to ensure that she would not go out and would study instead.
However, the unexpected happened. In their absence, a blaze had erupted around 1.45 pm on one of the quarters on the third floor of the five-story building located in the compound of Dadar police station.
The fire brigade official who was part of the team that is trying to extinguish the fire, found that the room of the girl was locked from inside and an empty can of kerosene was found from the spot. She received serious injuries in the accident and was rushed to Sion hospital. The doctors declared her dead even before admission.
The father of the victim is a police naik at the police station of Vakola.
The fire brigade personnel managed to douse the flames after hectic efforts for about three hours. Police suspect that a short circuit in the air conditioner installed at the apartment was suspected to have caused the fire accident. Police said that the probe is underway. A probe about the presence of the kerosene can in the flat is also being done.
Thunderstorm hits parts of Hyderabad, city sees water logging and power cuts
Sensex soars with exit polls predictions
Pleated skirts for summer
Scorching heat in Telangana till May 22
Raising Awareness for Clinical Trails
HMRL gets a new station on Blue line
Girls dominate SSC results in Andhra Pradesh
Tenth results out in Telangana
Spider in man's ear
Private school teacher bleeds to death during a workshop